I am thankful that we are offering six weekends of in-person CAYG during Lent. Starting on Friday February 19 and Sunday 21, from 6.30-8.30pm, CAYG-ers who have registered online will be welcomed through the kitchen side door (from the Ellsworth Parking Lot).
- Do I have to sign up every week? No, but do sign up now as places are limited. Once you have registered, and received your confirmation email, then please let us know if you can’t make it on a subsequent weekend, as spaces are limited and there may be some on a waiting list.
- Do I need to wear a mask? Yes, and your temperature will be taken at the door. Clearly if you are experiencing any COVID symptoms or have recently been exposed, do stay at home!
- Will we be in small groups? Yes, for the indoor part of the evening, and those groups will largely be based on last fall’s porch pods. But there will also be opportunities for the groups to hear from each other as we will be sharing the parish hall and there will be free time options outside that won’t be based on small groups.
- What is the focus? We will dig into six of Jesus’ ‘I AM’ statements from John’s Gospel. “I am the bread of life”, “I am the good shepherd” etc. In these difficult dark times, it is so refreshing to focus on Jesus, the Light of the World, and when I feel disconnected, I need to hear the invitation to abide in Jesus, the True Vine. I am praying that these will be six transformational weekends for us all in the run up to Easter.
- What about snacks?!! Thought you’d ask. They will be served about half-way through the evening, at the door on the way out, and need to be consumed outside. There will also be a mid-evening opportunity to walk to Fuku on Craig (where Razzy Fresh used to be – my first Pittsburghese directions) to buy bubble tea, so bring $$$ if you want to be part of that.
- What if it rains? While we aim to offer a range of outdoor options for the free-time component of the CAYG evening, Ascension is blessed with a number of very large indoor spaces and we will also have a large tent up outside.
- What should I wear? Due to the cold weather outside, and some open windows, I would dress accordingly!
- What will the parish hall look like? Something like this!
Or maybe like this. Do zoom in to appreciate our dramatic and creative artistry… 🙂
So do sign up now!