Five things I am thankful for this fall.
- Wreath Sellers. Currently Leila G and Sammi W are tied for the lead, which may be because the latter’s dad popped the Wreath link on his Facebook wall! Orders must be in by Sunday. At this point it looks like we have raised over $1,000!
- CAYG Chefs: Maribeth Hagley, Bryan Perry, Christy Martsolf, Danyel Kusbit, Becky Mazariegos, Sima Weaver, Brian Janaszek, Donna Martsolf (and a discount from Pizza Pronto!). Thanks for the amazing provision of delicious dinners, both refreshing in the warmer days and comforting on those later chilly nights!
- Porch Pod Hosts: Jane BH (my kids LOVE it when the youth group come over), Boyers, Bradburys, Harshbargers, McCanns, McCormicks, Melnyks, Smiths, VanderMolens, Van Haitsmas, Weebers, Woos and my neighbors on Jancey! Thanks so much for sharing shelter, porch heaters, pretty lights, clean decks, comfy chairs, drinks and snacks!
- Porch Pod Leaders: Amelia, Asher, Austin, Bailey, Cameron, Chris, Carli, Jakob, Jess, Jesse, Kelsey, Leah, Natalie, Olivia, Sam, Sophie, and Wyatt. Your dedication and faithfulness has been a huge encouragement to me through these turbulent times. The sight of standing circle of volunteer leaders, praying in the chilly dark, dressed in their big coats, hats and scarfs, before heading off to their porch pods, is a scene i’ll never forget.
- No Transmissions! CAYG hosted nearly 150 small group events this fall during a pandemic but (as far as I know) there is no evidence of COVID transmission at CAYG at all. Thanks for all your prayers for protection!
What’s next? Details to be announced, but save the dates…