Happy Wednesday, Everyone!
This weekend will be week four of our seven-week Alpha course! Friday and Sunday the video series will encourage us to ask: “How Can We Have Faith?” The times are:
- Friday June 28 (Middle Schoolers, 6:30-9pm)
- No Razzy Fresh this week.
- Sunday June 30 (High Schoolers, 6-9pm)
- Pizza 6-6:30. No Razzy Fresh this week.
In other news…
- You are no longer on the list for text notifications…
Thank you to those who have rejoined the Remind app- you will receive your text notifications later today! For those who “skimmed” the announcements last week: Unless you personally signed up this week, you are NOT on the text notification list! If you have received text notifications in the past and wish to continue getting CAYG news that way, please follow the links and sign up again. The app doesn’t like my lowly Android, and I cannot add you myself.
Parents of Middle School
Parents of High School
Middle School Volunteer Team
High School Volunteer Team
- NO CAYG 4th of July week.
CAYG THIS weekend (28/30)? Yes.
CAYG NEXT weekend (5/7)? No.
- We STILL desperately need two brave adults…
- To come to Charleston, SC with the Bellefield Presby/CAYG Mission Team!! Two chaperones recently moved, and will no longer be able to accompany the team. If we do not get the 1-2 additional chaperones, the trip must be cancelled. The dates are July 28-August 2 and registration will be covered! Please please PLEASE contact Tanya Carter for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org . I will also personally buy you a bowl of Razzy Fresh ice cream.
The link to register for this trip is here: https://groupmissiontrips.com/pc/bellefield-presbyterian-church-pittsburgh/19SC17/form/
- Haiti Fundraisers…
- Vento’s Carwash. Come have fun, clean cars and raise money with us on Saturday morning July 6 at Home Depot.
- Biking for Haiti (July 30th – August 7th). Instead of flying to Haiti, our team will be biking to the Haitian Embassy in Washington DC as part of our fundraising for Haiti H20. They leave Tuesday July 30, will make their journey on two wheels, before returning on four wheels on Wednesday August 7. Email us at email@example.com if you’re interested in joining!
- Choolaah was a blast, and it was great seeing people there!
- KENNYWOOD DAY!
Wednesday, July 24, we will be going to Kennywood for the day! Anyone and everyone is welcome: Family, friends, siblings… Tickets are only $22!! We will need parents who can carpool and chaperone.
Please follow the link and RSVP by Sunday, July 21. This will also be emailed separately.
- What does “Leadership” look like?
Is it a welcoming personality? Is it the hard-earned skill of herding a group of 20+ teenagers every Friday or Sunday night? Or is it the ability to take the heat, look death in the face, and say “Yeah, I’ll drink a bottle of Tabasco Sauce if you bring your friends.”? As of this past weekend, Wes and I have each had 64 shots of hot sauce to welcome new youth and leaders! We have 4 weeks left of the summer program, and the youth have accepted a summer challenge: At the final week (July 26/28), Wes and I will each drink an entire bottle of Tabasco Sauce IF the youth manage to bring an agreed upon number of NEW new youth to the Friday/Sunday evenings:
Middle School: 30 new new youth. (Currently we have 10/30)
High School: 20 new new youth. (Currently we have 5/20)
If 40: A bottle of Tabasco AND regular bottle of the stuff we usually drink. And then the youth will likely witness Wes cry hot-sauce tears while I get violently ill and/or die.
With such incentive, parents, don’t be surprised if your teen asks you to carpool half a dozen friends this weekend…
~ See you Friday and Sunday,