- Thanks again to the Shirks for hosting and leading a wonderful gathering of middle school CAYG families and friends at their home on Friday night. Thanks also to the Baileys for overseeing the feast on Sunday night, and to Rhonda Smith for leading a fun inter-generational trivia quiz! To see all ages laughing together was one of the highlights of my CAYG year, and a lovely way to conclude the calendar!
- The 2019-2020 CAYG year kicks off on June 7 and June 9 with the first in our seven Youth Alpha Sessions. I’m thankful for the new CAYG volunteer team members stepping up to serve this summer, but do tell me if you know of new middle or high schoolers expected to join us in June, in case I need to recruit even more!!
- Summer Program Directors. Working with me over the summer (and without me when I’m in the UK for three weeks) are the wonderful Kelsey Regan and Wes Williams. I am very thankful that their pastoral hearts, seminary degrees, musical gifts and logistical insights will make this summer program stronger than ever! Kelsey oversees Friday nights while Wes looks after the Sundays. Kelsey focuses on the July day trips (details forthcoming) while Wes will be cultivating the music teams at both gatherings. Do pray for them and say hi when you see them!
- Leadership Team Training! Saturday morning June 8th. We will gather at Ascension with Mark Stevenson and be thinking both about pastoral care and the youth alpha summer program. Leaders need to RSVP here.
- Haiti Team Meeting. Sunday June 9th 1-2.30pm.
- Service Project! Save the Date!! Saturday July 6th. Come and join the Haiti trip team at Ventos for a car-wash fundraiser. Have fun, see the difference you are making, and help build a school in Haiti!
- Thanks to Kathleen McAlister, Aaron Sams and Jen Newhouse, this uploaded calendar has five less errors than when originally published!