Just (ahem) 10 bits of news for you as we kick of 2019 together.
- Confirmation Lunch this Sunday (1:00-2:30pm Hunt Rooms). You know if you’re involved. Not involved, but intrigued? Click here.
- College Ministry Consultation also this Sunday (12:45-2:00pm Above the Parish Hall). Not technically CAYG news but some of you may want to join us thinking and praying about how Ascension can best serve the communities at CMU and Pitt. Please RSVP here if you intend to join us (for lunch).
- Mac n Cheese with Mari G. CAYG legend Mari Gowdy is hosting a comfort food and movie night for high schoolers on Sunday night (January 6th), from 6:00-8:30pm, before she returns to Kent State. Come down the back steps as usual.
- Pizza @ The Perrys! Middle school girls are invited to join Johanna and friends MAKING and eating Pizza on Friday January 11th. Drop off at 6484 Jackson Street (PA 15206) at 6:45pm and collect by 10pm. There will be board games and prizes. **Please RSVP here**
- Nerf Night @ Ascension. **If a parent or two steps forward to oversee the event** there is some interest in another Nerf Night in Ascension’s New Catacombs on Friday January 11th. It would be from 6:45pm-8:30pm. I could order pizza to be collected by someone, but cannot be there myself.
- CAYG Volunteer Leaders Training with Dave Bindewald. Saturday January 12th, 9-3pm, in Ascension’s Old Catacombs. Bring your lunch.
- Eat n Skate. On Sunday January 13th CAYG high schoolers and their friends will be gathering in the Squirrel Hill Eat n Park at 6pm, before moving to Skate at Schenley Plaza.
- The Ski Trip IS FULL! But those who did manage to get a place will gather in Ascension’s Old Catacombs at 6:30pm on Sunday January 20th.
- REGULAR CAYG recommences with our series on Prayer on Friday 25th and Sunday 27th of January. So don’t turn up expecting the normal format on a Friday or Sunday before the end of the month. Let’s enjoy these special events!
- Haiti. Most places are taken but I still have three available for high schoolers. Deadline to apply is January 20th. Click here. People are amazed when I say you only have to raise $500 to fly to Haiti.