- Maundy Thursday Tonight, 7pm. This is many people’s favorite service in the liturgical calendar, due to the dramatic ending. Some youth group leaders and I will be at the foot-washing stations, so don’t be shy!
- No youth group events during Easter weekend, nor the weekend following.
- Good Friday, March 30 from Noon – 3pm. Because these are the hours Jesus hung on the cross, we encourage worshippers to keep vigil for the entire three-hour period, but the service will easily allow people to spend any one hour (Noon, 1pm or 2pm) without loss of continuity. I am preaching in the second hour, so do pray for me!
- Easter Sunday 6am The Great Vigil of Easter
The first service of Easter Day begins with darkness and includes the singing of the Exsultet, or Song of Praise, over the year’s Easter Candle, the passing of the Light of Easter, scripture, silence and Holy Baptism. Please remember to bring your bells to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord! Childcare is not provided at the vigil.
8am Sunrise Breakfast
All are welcome to breakfast in the Parish Hall following the Easter Vigil
9am and 11am Services
Our 9am and 11am worship will be much the same, but with songs, hymns and anthems to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord on Easter Day! Please remember to bring your bells! There will be childcare for children ages 4 and under in rooms 101 and 102. Children ages 5 and older will remain in the service with their families.
Easter Egg Hunt for kids!
We will have an Easter Egg Hunt in the Hunt Rooms/Courtyard (weather permitting) following the 9am and 11am services. Please join us and bring baskets for your kids!
- ManBun fundraiser! It isn’t really about my hair. It is about a gleaming set of new bibles, a new art piece for our space, and a new ping-pong table. Thanks to those who have already returned forms with checks and cash. Currently the money is directed towards keeping the ManBun! If the fifty or so folks involved in youth group all raise just $20, we will reach our $1000 target!
- Parents! Ascension offers you the opportunity, starting Friday April 6, to invest in your marriages or love your financial futures! Click the links in this paragraph to find out more and grab one of the limited places left.
- Open Hands Ministries (OHM) have invited us to join them for another construction morning on Saturday April 7th. Those who have done these before know how satisfying these times are, not only making new friends, but learning new construction skills and making a real difference! Save the date, more details to follow.
- Aliens in Fox Chapel! Saturday April 7th, 8pm-11:30pm. Aliens is a combo of tag, capture the flag, and hide and seek, played all over the campus of Christ Church Fox Chapel. I may not be able to go myself, but I know my friend, The Rev. Canon Tracey Russell, Canon for Youth Ministry, Anglican Diocese of Pittsburgh will run a great evening for anyone who wants to join the Christ Church Fox Chapel youth group. Email me if you’re interested. We will be welcoming them a month later at our Marathon Overnight.
- Resurrection Day Away (4/14). Very excited by the excellent sign-up so far. To avoid disappointment, follow the link here to grab one of the remaining spots. Places are confirmed when the Permission Slips and checks are received. To download and print a slip, you can find them at the bottom of the ManBun Fundraiser page.