- This is the last weekend to secure your place at our spring retreat for the early bird discount of just $90. If you need another copy of the invite letter with detachable slip to accompany your check, please download my spring-series-2017-letter. Mail the check (memo: Spring Retreat) to Alex BH, Church of the Ascension, 4729 Ellsworh Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15213 or drop an envelope (marked ‘Alex BH’) with check and invite slip into the offering plate on Sunday.
- Friday 6.30-8.30 Parent Gathering, with Mari Stout introducing the topic of ‘sex and a theology of the body’. You may find it helpful to read the article that will start the discussion: end-of-sex-intro-and-chp-1. If you want free childcare please RSVP here.
- Friday 6.30-8.30 Middle School Youth Group. Continuing our series on Do Justice Love Mercy Walk Humbly, with great games, fine folks and dazzling discussion.
- Sunday 6.30-8.30 High School Youth Group. Pizza at 6pm, plus taking improv to the next level…
- February Service Project. Many ask me what kind of service projects we are doing as part of our Do Justice Love Mercy Walk Humbly series and I am excited to announce we have two opportunities planned; you choose just one!
- The first, doing construction with Open Hands Ministries, will take place on Saturday morning February 4th (just 10 days away). Contact me for the details.
- The second, visiting the homeless with L.I.V.I.N.G Ministry, is planned for Saturday morning February 18th (an outline of a typical morning trip is found here). Families are welcome to join us for either!