So what’s going on?
- Our Spring Series, Do Justice, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly begins NOT this weekend, but the weekend following (Friday 13th 6.30-8.30 for Middle Schoolers, Sunday 15th 6.30-8.30 for High Schoolers) and will continue for the seven subsequent weekends, finishing with a glorious Spring Retreat with Jack Gabig at Laurelville on March 3-5.
- But this Friday night we are going to enjoy a couple of one-off special events. Please do RSVP here for:
- Nerf War. Lads & Dads are invited to bring their courage, nerf guns and dark clothing to Ascension at 6.30pm to play a team version of conquest in the dimly-lit New Catacombs. Finishes at 8.30pm. They say an army marches on its stomach, so pizza will be available at 6.30pm.
- Crochet & Chat. Led by Kelsey Regan and hosted by Sima Weaver (1426 N Euclid, 15206), ladies are invited to learn to Crochet and enjoy good company and tasty snacks. A great way to unwind without unravelling on a Friday night. Space is limited, so first come first served! Bring a hook and yarn if you can.
- A New Parent Gathering is beginning on Friday nights, alongside the Middle School Youth Group event, from 6.30-8.30pm, starting on Friday 13th January. Hosted by the lovely Ron & Judy Yadrick and meeting in Room 105, with free childcare provided in Room 104, different guests will be introducing unique themes for conversation each week. It makes such a difference, in all the seasons of parenting, to be part of a supportive community, and I’m very excited that we can be intentional about cultivating that for the parents of teens here at Ascension. To see the current hosts and topics lined up click here.
- For those involved, the next Confirmation Lunch is on Sunday January 8th (1-2.30pm), and the next Leadership Lunch is on Sunday January 15th (1-2pm).